Posted on Feb 5, 2010, 4:05 PM
Special Information for the Weekend (updated Sunday, Feb. 7, 11:57 a.m.)
* This information will be updated as changes are made.*
Last update: Sunday, Feb. 7, 11:57 a.m.
Student Health Services
Student Health Services will be closed.
Mail and Package Services
• Mail and package services closed on Saturday at both the Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon campuses.
• GW Package Services at Foggy Bottom will be open Sunday from 1 – 5 p.m.
• Signs will be posted at both Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon Campus mail/package services offices with information on where to pick up items in the event of an emergency.
The Vern Express will continue to run around-the-clock throughout the weekend and is prepared to operate in severe weather. While every effort will be made to keep on schedule, residents and riders should not be surprised if, as the weather grows worse, the trip between the campuses and the time between departures takes longer than normal. Notice of extended wait times will be posted to LED message boards at the Somers Hall and Fulbright Hall stops, and shared via text-message. For more information on the Vern Express and other services and activities at the Mount Vernon Campus, visit http://gwired.gwu.edu/MVCL.
• Charlie Chiang’s Kwai, Stax and Smart Market will be open Saturday and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• Sunday Night Dinner will take place as scheduled from 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
WOW Café and Wingery
• Open for regular operations Saturday and Sunday, 11:30 a.m. – midnight
• Pita Pit open Sunday, 11 a.m. - 2 a.m.
• Dunkin’ Donuts open Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
• Gallery Market open Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
• Gallery Cafe open Saturday and Sunday, 7 a.m. - 11 p.m.
1957 E St.
• Subway open Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. – 10 p.m.
• Carvings open Sunday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Lerner Health and Wellness
• Campus Fresh closed Sunday
• 7-Eleven will remain open 24/7.
• Starbucks open Saturday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Sunday, 24/7
Tonic, 2036 G St., open Saturday until 3 p.m. and then 5 - 10 p.m., bar open until midnight; Sunday, 7 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Thai Place, 2134 Pennsylvania Ave., open Saturday, noon - 11 p.m.; Sunday, noon - 10:30 p.m.
Mehran, 2138 Pennsylvania Ave., open Saturday, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Sunday, 7 a.m. - 2 a.m.
Panda Cafe, 2138.5 Pennsylvania Ave., open Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m. - 11 p.m.
The Ames Dining Room will be open for regular operating hours:
• Saturday, 9:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
• Sunday, 9:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
GDub Java will be open Sunday, 7 p.m. – midnight
EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
Charles E. Smith Center
The GW Men’s basketball game will take place as scheduled Saturday, Feb. 6, at 2 p.m.
• The 10th Annual Flamenco Festival: Dance on Stage scheduled for Friday, Feb. 5, 2010, has been canceled. Refunds are available at point of purchase until Feb. 19, 2010.
• The APA Step show scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 6, 2010, has been POSTPONED until Sunday, Feb. 28, at 7 p.m. All tickets for the Feb. 6 performance will be honored on Feb. 28. Refunds are available at the point of purchase until March 14, 2010.
• The Department of Music’s 50th Anniversary Showcase: “Hail, Alma Mater” - The GW Big Band, Orchestra, Troubadors, University Singers and Wind Ensemble scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 7, 2010, has been POSTPONED until Sunday, March 7, at 3 p.m.
Special “Snow Day 2010” events are planned at Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon throughout the weekend. Visit http://gwired.gwu.edu/sac for more information.
For additional information on activities at the Mount Vernon Campus, visit http://gwired.gwu.edu/MVCL.
VENUES AND BUILDINGS
• The Marvin Center will be open for regular operating hours on Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. – 2 a.m.
• The Gelman Library at Foggy Bottom is open Sunday from 12-4 p.m. The Eckles Library at Mount Vernon is open Sunday from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. The library at the Virginia Science and Technology Campus is closed Sunday. Check the libraries' Web sites for any changes in operation due to weather: http://www.gwu.edu/discover/universitylibraries.
• The Lerner Health and Wellness Center (Foggy Bottom) and the Lloyd Gym (Mount Vernon) are expected to remain open on their normal schedules throughout the weekend.
• The GW Bookstore will be closed Saturday.