The International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank will host their fall meetings at the IMF/World Bank complex in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood from Friday, Oct. 7 through Sunday, Oct. 9.
Starting Tuesday, Oct. 4, a number of events will be held at the Media and Public Affairs building at 21st and H Streets, NW. Individuals attending IMF/World Bank events will need to enter the MPA building using the 21st St. entrance. Students, faculty, staff and guests should use the H St. entrance for general access into the MPA building. Allow additional time for security screenings and bag checks at the MPA building.
Parking restrictions, sidewalk and road closures, and detours are expected near the IMF/World Bank because of security perimeters.
Pedestrian access to university facilities will be maintained throughout the duration of the meetings. There are no road closures on the Foggy Bottom Campus. GW operated parking garages and shuttles will remain operational throughout the event. Monitor the Vern Express Twitter feed @TheVernExpress for updates on travel between the Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon Campuses.
Tips to Remember:
- Carry your GWorld card with you at all times.
- Observe posted signs and directions from law enforcement officers.
- Report unauthorized persons, unusual activity or objects out of place to the GW Police Department at (202) 994-6111.
- Monitor local media for traffic updates, including road closures. For updates relating to GW, visit Campus Advisories.
- To sign up for and customize your GW Alert settings, visit banweb.gwu.edu and select the GW Alert Emergency Notification tab. Register your cell phone numbers and e-mail addresses in order to receive alerts on multiple devices.
For safety and preparedness tips and information on GW's emergency communications systems, visit Campus Advisories.