Two events are scheduled to occur on the National Mall this weekend: “March for Life” on Friday, January 21st, and “Defeat the Mandates: An American Homecoming” on Sunday, January 23rd.
While we do not expect impacts to GW campuses,; we do expect increased pedestrian and vehicular traffic, as well as public transportation ridership. Planned road closures will be in effect 10AM to 4PM on Friday, to include the 9th and 12th Street tunnels. For traffic updates and a complete list of these road closures, please visit the Metropolitan Police Department’s website or the DC Police Traffic twitter account.
If you are on campus this weekend, please consider the following safety precautions:
- Stay informed by monitoring GW Alerts and Campus Advisories.
- Make sure doors close and lock behind you as you arrive and depart.
- Do not grant people you don’t know access to campus buildings.
- Carry identification and your GWorld card whether you are on or off campus.
- If you witness a disturbance, inform GWPD at 202-994-6111 (or Metropolitan Police by calling 911).
GW continues to monitor activity and send alerts and advisories, as necessary. The latest safety and security information is posted here on GW’s Campus Advisories. GW Police will be actively patrolling campus and are available to respond to security concerns at 202-994-6111.