The Foggy Bottom and Virginia Science and Technology campuses will be open with a delayed start of 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 2.
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 9 a.m. for both campuses. Light snow is likely to continue the rest of the evening and through most of tomorrow. Additional accumulations around 1-2" through tomorrow morning in Ashburn and around 1” in the Foggy Bottom area are expected. There is potential for a trace to 0.10" of icing.
- Students, faculty and staff currently learning, teaching and working remotely should continue to do so.
- In-person courses starting before 9 a.m. may implement the instructional continuity plan. Check with your instructor for specific details.
- Designated on-site employees should contact their supervisors for reporting instructions to ensure a safe commute to work.
- Any student with clinical responsibilities should check with their clinical supervisor for further instruction. If any student with clinical responsibilities feels that the conditions are unsafe and are not able to make it in, please let your resident, attending physician, or clinical instructor know.
- Campus libraries, Himmelfarb and the Law School, will open to in-person services at 9 a.m. Gelman library will be open at its normal time.
- The Marvin Center and Shenkman Hall GW COVID-19 testing centers will open at 9 a.m.
- Those who have appointments before 9 a.m. can use their QR code to be tested anytime after 9 a.m.
- The GW Medical Faculty Associates will be open at their regularly scheduled time, including the MFA Public COVID-19 testing site at Shenkman Hall and the vaccine clinic at Lerner Health and Wellness.
GW Emergency Management will continue to monitor the weather and send updates, as necessary.
For the duration of this weather event we will continue to communicate information via: