The International Monetary Fund (IMF) and World Bank will host their fall meetings at the IMF/World Bank complex and some GW venues in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood of Washington, DC from Friday, October 11 through Sunday, October 13.
Parking restrictions, sidewalk and road closures and detours are expected near the IMF/World Bank due to security perimeters.
Pedestrian access to university facilities will be maintained throughout the weekend. The Vern Express, connecting the Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon campuses, is not expected to be affected by the IMF/World Bank meetings.
The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) has provided the following information about street closures and parking restrictions that will be implemented for the Fall Meetings of the IMF/World Bank Board of Governors:
Street closures for the IMF/World Bank Complex will begin on Friday, October 11, 2013 at 10:00 pm, and will remain closed until Sunday, October 13, 2013 at 5:00 pm. Emergency No Parking signs will be posted at the following locations from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm:
- 18th Street, NW and G Street, NW to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- 19th Street, NW and G Street, NW to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- 20th Street, NW and G Street, NW to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- G Street, NW and 18th Street, NW to 20th Street, NW
- H Street, NW (south side) and 18th Street, NW to 20th Street, NW
- Pennsylvania Avenue, NW (south side) from 18th and 20th Street, NW
Tips to Remember:
- Carry your GWorld card with you at all times. Observe posted signs and directions from law enforcement officers.
- Monitor local media traffic updates, including road closures. For updates relating to GW, visit Campus Advisories (CampusAdvisories.gwu.edu).
- Remain alert. Report unauthorized persons, unusual activity or objects out of place to the GW Police Department at (202) 994-6111.
- Update your GW Alert contact information by logging on to https://banweb.gwu.edu and clicking on the "GW Alert Emergency Notification" tab.
For information on GW's emergency communication systems, including GW Campus Advisories and GW Alert, visit Stay Informed.
For safety tips and preparedness information, review the GW Emergency Response Handbook.