Metro's Capital Improvement work will start on Saturday, August 5. For details on the Capital Improvement schedule, visit Metro’s website
Green Line: Branch Ave and Suitland
The Capital Improvement will result in the shutdown segments of the Green Line between Branch Ave and Suitland for 16 days from August 5 through August 20,
- Branch Ave and Suitland stations will be closed.
- On weekdays, buses will replace trains between Branch Ave and Naylor Road stations. Customers who normally use Branch or Suitland stations are strongly encouraged to consider using Anacostia or Southern Ave.
- On weekend, buses will replace trains between Branch Ave and Southern Ave
GW will be open and operating on a normal schedule during Metro's Capital Improvement project.
Since many students, faculty, staff and visitors depend on Metro to commute to work, to take classes and visit GW's locations throughout the region, we encourage the university community to keep in mind the following reminders
- Be familiar with the Capital Improvement schedule and know the dates, lines and stations being worked on so you can adequately plan your commute. Visit Metro's website for more information.
- Sign up for MetroAlerts for continued updates.
Employees who are affected by Metro's service disruptions should work directly with their supervisors to discuss flexible work arrangement options.
The Division of Information Technology offers a Technology Checklist for those who plan to telecommute or work from an alternate location.
For information on alternate transportation options, including Commuter Connections and NuRide rideshare, visit GW Transportation and Parking Services.
The university will continue to provide additional guidance and information on CampusAdvisories.gwu.edu.