Orange Line Segment Shutdown (New Carrollton to Stadium-Armory)
The next SafeTrack surge will result in the shutdown on a portion of the Orange Line between New Carrollton and Stadium-Armory stations from May 16 through June 15, 2017.
• New Carrollton, Landover, Cheverly, Deanwood and Minnesota Ave stations will be closed.
• Orange Line trains will operate near normal service between Vienna and Largo Town Center.
• Silver Line trains will operate between Wiehle-Reston East and Stadium-Armory every 12 minutes.
GW will be open and operating on a normal schedule during Metro's SafeTrack project.
Since many students, faculty, staff and visitors depend on Metro to commute to work, to take classes and visit GW's locations throughout the region, we encourage the university community to keep in mind the following reminders:
• Metro's SafeTrack project began in June 2016 and is expected to continue through June 2017. During this project, major service disruptions—including station closures and single tracking—are anticipated, resulting in extended commuting times. Also in June 2016, Metrorail began closing at midnight seven days a week.
• Be familiar with the SafeTrack schedule and know the dates, lines and stations being worked on so you can adequately plan your commute. Visit Metro's website for more information.
• Sign up for MetroAlerts for continued updates.
Employees who are affected by Metro's service disruptions should work directly with their supervisors to discuss flexible work arrangement options. The Division of Information Technology offers a Technology Checklist for those who plan to telecommute or work from an alternate location.
For information on alternate transportation options, including Commuter Connections and NuRide rideshare, visit GW Transportation and Parking Services.
The university will continue to provide additional guidance and information on CampusAdvisories.gwu.edu.