After a January hiatus, Metro's SafeTrack surge projects will resume work in February and continue through at least June 2017. For details on the latest SafeTrack schedule, visit Metro's website.
Next Project: Blue Line Segment Shutdown from Rosslyn to Pentagon
From Feb. 11-Feb. 28, SafeTrack Surge #12 will be in effect on a portion of the blue line blue line between the Rosslyn and Pentagon stations. Highlights include:
- No trains will run between Rosslyn and Pentagon
- Arlington Cemetery Station will be closed
- Blue line trains will be replaced by yellow rush plus service at all times between the Franconia-Springfield and Greenbelt stations.
GW will be open and operating on a normal schedule during Metro's SafeTrack project.
Since many students, faculty, staff and visitors depend on Metro to commute to work, to take classes and visit GW's locations throughout the region, we encourage the university community to keep in mind the following reminders:
- Metro's SafeTrack project began in June 2016 and is expected to continue through June 2017. During this project, major service disruptions—including station closures and single tracking—are anticipated, resulting in extended commuting times. Also in June 2016, Metrorail began closing at midnight seven days a week.
- Be familiar with the SafeTrack schedule and know the dates, lines and stations being worked on so you can adequately plan your commute. Visit Metro's website for more information.
- Sign up for MetroAlerts for continued updates.
Employees who are affected by Metro's service disruptions should work directly with their supervisors to discuss flexible work arrangement options. The Division of Information Technology offers a Technology Checklist for those who plan to telecommute or work from an alternate location.
For information on alternate transportation options, including Commuter Connections and NuRide rideshare, visit GW Transportation and Parking Services.
The university will continue to provide additional guidance and information on CampusAdvisories.gwu.edu.