The Rock 'n' Roll DC Marathon will take place on Saturday, March 11, 2017. The marathon will skirt the Foggy Bottom neighborhood resulting in temporary road closures between 6 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.
Road closures near GW include the following:
- Constitution Ave NW between 15th Street NW and 23rd Street NW
- Virginia Ave NW between Constitution Ave NW and 21st Street NW
- 18th Street NW between Virginia Ave NW and E Street NW
- 19th Street NW between E Street NW and Constitution Ave NW
- 23rd Street NW between Constitution Ave NW and Lincoln Memorial Circle
- Lincoln Memorial Circle between 23rd Street NW and Potomac Parkway
- Parkway Drive between Lincoln Memorial Circle and Rock Creek Parkway
- E Street NW Eastbound between 18th Street NW and 19th Street NW
GW operated parking garages and shuttles will remain operational throughout the event. Monitor @TheVernExpress on Twitter for the updates.
For a marathon course map, a complete listing of road closures and other information, visit the following links:
- Marathon information: http://www.runrocknroll.com/dc/
- Course map and road closures: http://www.runrocknroll.com/dc/the-races/road-closures/