March 06, 2017
The Rock 'n' Roll DC Marathon will take place on Saturday, March 11, 2017. The marathon will skirt the Foggy Bottom neighborhood resulting in temporary road closures between 6 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.
Road closures near GW include the following:
- Constitution Ave NW between 15th Street NW and 23rd Street NW
- Virginia Ave NW between Constitution Ave NW and 21st Street NW
- 18th Street NW between Virginia Ave NW and E Street NW
- 19th Street NW between E Street NW and Constitution Ave NW
- 23rd Street NW between Constitution Ave NW and Lincoln Memorial Circle
- Lincoln Memorial Circle between 23rd Street NW and Potomac Parkway
- Parkway Drive between Lincoln Memorial Circle and Rock Creek Parkway
- E Street NW Eastbound between 18th Street NW and 19th Street NW
GW operated parking garages and shuttles will remain operational throughout the event. Monitor @TheVernExpress on Twitter for the updates.
For a marathon course map, complete listing of road closures and other information, visit the following links:
- Marathon information: http://www.runrocknroll.com/dc/
- Course map and road closures: http://www.runrocknroll.com/dc/the-races/road-closures/