The Day Before.
Quick Links For...
As a student, you take classes all over campus and participate in activities throughout the city. Your response to an incident or emergency will be affected by your location.
Follow these tips:
- Always carry your GWorld ID card
- Keep your GW Alert contact information up-to-date (GWeb Information System)
- Know your location and exits (at least 2), and the placement of first aid kits, AEDs and fire extinguishers
- Program GWPD (202-994-6111) and personal I.C.E. (in case of emergency) numbers into your mobile device
- Report unusual/suspicious activities or items
- Keep the GW Emergency Response Handbook readily available
- Keep the GW Emergency Preparedness Pocket Guide on your person
Visit the GW Police Department website for additional personal safety and theft prevention tips.