Veterans Day “The Concert for Valor” on National Mall on Nov. 11
On Tuesday, Nov. 11, “The Concert for Valor” (www.theconcertforvalor.com) is scheduled to take place on the National Mall. Event organizers anticipate up to 800,000 attendees, which will impact the area immediately surrounding the National Mall.
GW IS OPEN AND OPERATING ON A NORMAL SCHEDULE ON TUESDAY, NOV. 11.
Please be advised of the following Metro (rail and bus) service adjustments, parking restrictions, road closures and detours for Tuesday, Nov. 11:
METRO (Rail and Bus):
- The Blue Line will not operate. The Blue Line will be serviced by the Yellow Line.
- The Smithsonian Metro Station will be closed.
- Metrobus will operate on a Saturday schedule.
For additional information, including a Metrorail service map, visit the Metro website: http://www.wmata.com/rider_tools/metro_service_status/advisories.cfm?AID=4203
There are several road closures on and around the National Mall extending from 3rd Street to 18th Street. According to U.S. Park Police, the following roads will be closed and off-limits to vehicles starting at 6 a.m.:
- Constitution Avenue NW from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to 18th Street NW
- Madison Drive NW from 3th Street NW to 15th Street NW
- Jefferson Drive SW from 3rd Street SW to 15th Street SW
- Independence Avenue SW from 3rd Street SW to 17th Street SW
- Maryland Avenue SW from Independence Avenue SW to 7th Street SW
- 3rd Street from Constitution Avenue NW to C Street SW
- 4th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to C Street SW
- 6th Street NW from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to Constitution Avenue NW
- 6th Street SW from Independence Avenue SW to C Street SW
- 7th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to C Street SW
- 10th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to Independence Avenue SW
- 12th Street ramp from I-395 to Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- 14th Street from E Street NW to C Street SW
- 15th Street from E Street NW to Maine Avenue SW
- 17th Street from C Street NW to Independence Avenue SW
We recommend that you check the National Park Service website for the most up-to-change information on road closures.
Safety and Security Reminders to the GW community:
- Close and lock doors behind you as you arrive and depart. Do not allow strangers into GW buildings. GW restrooms are not public access areas.
- Carry your GWorld card with you at all times.
- Monitor local media for updates on traffic, weather and information about this event.
- For information relating to GW, visit Campus Advisories (CampusAdvisories.gwu.edu).
- Report any unusual activity or objects out of place to the GW Police Department at (202) 994-6111.
The following links are provided to you for your reference:
- Concert for Valor: http://www.theconcertforvalor.com/
- National Park Service: “Road Closures and Logistics Announced for Concert for Valor” (http://www.nps.gov/nama/parknews/road-closures-and-logistics-announced-for-concert-for-valor.htm)
- METRO: “Veterans Day: Concert for Valor, Metrorail Service Information” (http://www.wmata.com/rider_tools/metro_service_status/advisories.cfm?AID=4203)