The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority has announced weekend service adjustments affecting the Orange, Blue, Silver and Yellow Metro lines will take place on Saturday, May 19 and Sunday, May 20.
These service adjustments may impact travel to and from Foggy Bottom and the National Mall for this weekend’s commencement activities. Please plan ahead and allow for additional travel time if using public transportation.
For details on the weekend service adjustments visit Metro’s website.
- • Blue and Orange Lines will service Smithsonian, Federal Triangle and Foggy Bottom stations every 24 minutes.
- • Blue Line will be signal tracking and will operate every 24 minutes between Eastern Market & Stadium-Armory and National Airport & Braddock Road.
- • Orange Line will be signal tracking and will operate every 24 minutes between Eastern Market and Stadium-Armory.
- • Silver Line will operate every 24 minutes between Wiehle-Reston East and Ballston only. Those traveling to/from other stations should use Orange and/or Blue line trains to complete their trips.
- • Yellow Line will be signal tracking and will operate every 24 minutes between National Airport and Braddock Road.
Please also keep in mind that Metro opens at 8 a.m. on Sundays.
Other modes of transportation include: