Due to worsening weather conditions and other regional closures, all university campuses and centers will be closed and in-person classes canceled on Tuesday, Jan. 16. This includes the Foggy Bottom, Mount Vernon, and Virginia Science and Technology campuses; the Biostatistics Center; and the Alexandria and Arlington Education Centers.
Please note the following important information regarding classes, work schedules, services, and special instructions:
- No in-person classes will take place.
- Faculty who teach in-person classes should use technology to continue classes online, if possible, and notify students of such arrangements.
- Online classes will proceed normally.
- Essential on-site staff should report to work in person as scheduled. Contact your supervisor directly with any questions or concerns.
- All other staff should telework if work can be performed remotely. Contact your supervisor directly with any questions or concerns.
- Those with clinical responsibilities, rotations, assignments or offsite internships should follow the guidance of your clinical coordinator or designated supervisor.
- The GW Medical Faculty Associates will open and operate normally.
- The School of Medicine and Health Sciences and MFA will provide any additional guidance to their communities in a separate email.
- Campus dining will operate. Updates will be shared on GW Dining’s Instagram account.
- The Mount Vernon Campus Express (VEX) shuttles will operate on a weekend schedule.
- The VSTC Express will not be in service.
- Activities and university-sponsored events are canceled.
- Additional updates will be posted on Campus Advisories as they become available.
A Winter Weather Warning remains in effect for the Foggy Bottom, Mount Vernon, and Virginia Science and Technology campuses. More information is available from the National Weather Service here.
The university will continue to monitor winter weather and provide updates on any other impacts on our campuses. GW will communicate any further changes to its operating status via an automatic GW Alert email sent to all GW email addresses. To sign up for optional GW Alert text messages, follow the instructions here.