The Instructional Core provides training and personalized guidance on the tools and best practices for virtual learning. Please contact the Instructional Core by email at [email protected] or by phone at (202) 994-6558 or see this list of upcoming workshops.
Blackboard provides a platform for you to share materials with students, as well as facilitate synchronous (Blackboard Collaborate) and asynchronous communications (Includes Discussion Boards and integrations with VoiceThread and Echo360).
VoiceThread is a collaborative tool that can facilitate asynchronous online discussion around multimedia.
Echo360 Universal Capture is a recording tool GW faculty can use to capture screencasts or lecture videos from their personal device. The resulting capture video can be shared via Blackboard to your class roster.
- How to create a capture using Echo360 Universal Capture: Personal (PDF)
GW IT Support Center
- Phone: 202-994-4948, Email: [email protected], or http://go.gwu.edu/ithelp
- Provides instructor and student support for access issues related to Blackboard (NetID), Banner (student enrollment, faculty assignments) and email.
Instructional Technologies Lab (ITL)
- Phone: 202-994-0485 or [email protected]
- Provides instructor support on the use of Blackboard, VoiceThread, Echo360, and other instructional technologies.
School IT and Instructional Design Support teams
- Contact your department or school for school-specific support options.