GW is continuing to monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of campus access controls in order to limit the number of people on our campuses. We are committed to notifying you as we adjust and change access to our buildings. Please remember to carry your GWorld card, as you will need it to access buildings on GW’s campuses.
The following changes in access control will go into effect at 7 p.m. on March 20:
The Marvin Center:
- The Marvin Center will close to the public.
- The Marvin Center will remain open to all students, faculty and staff with an active GWorld card from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to allow access to the Colonial Health Center and student support offices (Colonial Crossroads) on the 5th floor with limited operational hours. Please check their websites or call for the latest information.
- GWorld card holders should use the upper H Street entrance to gain access to The Marvin Center.
- The Marvin Center garage will be closed to the public and current permit holders
- Permit holders in the Marvin Center were contacted about alternate parking locations.
Academic and Other Buildings:
- Access to Ross Hall will be restricted to personnel authorized by the SMHS Chief of Staff.
- Himmelfarb Library will be physically closed. The library will remain open digitally, and access to remote library resources and services will remain available to all SMHS, Milken Institute School of Public Health, and GW School of Nursing students, faculty, and staff.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation during this evolving situation. The GW COVID-19 website continues to serve as our primary repository for updating our community, and we ask that you continue to monitor the website as this situation evolves.