The Foggy Bottom and Virginia Science and Technology campuses will open with a delayed start of 10 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 19.
- Students, faculty and staff currently learning, teaching and working remotely should continue to do so.
- In-person courses starting before 10 a.m. may implement the instructional continuity plan. Check with your instructor for specific details.
- Designated on-site employees should contact their supervisors for reporting instructions to ensure a safe commute to work.
- Any student with clinical responsibilities should check with their clinical supervisor for further instruction. If any student with clinical responsibilities believes that the conditions are unsafe and are unable to make it in, please let your resident, attending physician, or clinical instructor know.
- Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library and the Jacob Burns Law School Library will open for in-person services at 10 a.m. Gelman Library will open at noon.
- The Marvin Center and Shenkman Hall GW COVID-19 testing centers will open at 10 a.m.
- Those who have appointments before 10 a.m. can use their QR code to be tested anytime after 10 a.m.
- The GW Medical Faculty Associates will be open at its regularly scheduled time, including the MFA public COVID-19 testing site at Shenkman Hall and the vaccine clinic at Lerner Health and Wellness.
There will be periods of freezing drizzle from time to time this evening/tonight and through about 9 a.m. tomorrow. Air and pavement temperatures will cool only a couple of degrees overnight, so there is definitely a risk for a re-freeze to occur between this evening and 9 a.m. tomorrow.
Those who do have to travel should allow extra time to reach their destination and travel cautiously. Roads and paved surfaces could be slippery.
GW Emergency Management will continue to monitor the weather and send updates, as necessary.
We will continue to communicate information via:
- Text and email alerts through GW Alerts
- Messages through the GW Guardian App
- GW’s homepage and Campus Advisories
- GW Information Line (202-994-5050), the VSTC information line (571-553-8333) and the School of Medicine and Health Sciences Information Line (202-994-2196)