This is a TEST of the George Washington University’s emergency communication systems.
The university conducts a TEST of its emergency communication systems on an annual basis.
Today, Monday, November 20, 2023, GW is testing these systems. This is a TEST. No action is necessary.
In the event of an emergency, or for a change in the university’s operating status, updates and information will be posted to Campus Advisories.
You can also access notifications, advisories, and alerts via your inbox and push notifications by downloading the GW Guardian App.
If there is a change to the university's status, information may be communicated to the campus community through the following ways:
- Text and email alerts through GW Alerts
- GW’s homepage and Campus Advisories
- GW Guardian App on iOS and Android devices
- GW Information Line 1-885 GWU-INFO (855-498-4636), Virginia Science and Technology Campus Information Line (571-553-8333) and School of Medicine and Health Sciences Information Line (202-994-2196)
- Social media via Twitter (@GWTweets) and Facebook
To sign up for and customize your GW Text Alert settings, visit the alert.gwu.edu portal and log in using your NetID and password. You may register cell phone numbers and e-mail addresses in order to receive alerts on multiple devices. For assistance, you may also refer to the GW Alert FAQs.
For preparedness tips and safety information, refer to the GW Emergency Response Handbook.