There are several first amendmet and permitted events occuring around the DC area this weekend. While we do not anticipate disruptions, we expect an increased number of people gathering in and around Washington, D.C. These events may include rolling road closures.
If/when you are on the Foggy Bottom Campus always take the following safety precautions:
- Check your text and mobile settings for GW’s text alerts.
- You can also access notifications, GW advisories, and GW alerts via your inbox and push notifications by downloading the GW Guardian App.
- Plan for the possibility of increased pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Make sure doors close and lock behind you as you arrive and depart.
- Do not allow strangers into GW buildings.
- Carry identification and your GWorld card at all times when on or off campus.
- If there is a disturbance, seek shelter indoors until normal conditions return. Observe directions from law enforcement personnel.
- GW Police will be on campus and will be available for assistance, if necessary
We will monitor activity in the District very closely and will send email and text alerts to our community as necessary. The latest safety and security information will be posted on here on GW’s Campus Advisories.