GW ALERT: The Foggy Bottom and Virginia Science and Technology campuses will be open with limited in-person activities on Monday, Feb. 1.
Today’s snow will transition into a wintry mix starting around 9 p.m. tonight and continue through 2 p.m. tomorrow afternoon when the temperature is expected to drop and snow resumes. If you need to travel, please use caution and allow for extra time reaching your destination.
- Students, faculty and staff currently learning, teaching and working remotely should continue to do so.
- In-person courses may implement the instructional continuity plan. Check with your instructor for details.
- Designated on-site employees should contact their supervisors for reporting instructions to ensure a safe commute to work.
- Any student with clinical responsibilities should check with their clinical supervisor for further instruction. If any student with clinical responsibilities feels that the conditions are unsafe and are not able to make it in, please let your resident, attending physician, or clinical instructor know.
- Campus libraries (Gelman, Himmelfarb, and the Law School) will maintain virtual operations but will be closed to in-person services.
- GW Marvin Center and VSTC COVID-19 testing centers will be open.
GW Shenkman Hall COVID-19 Testing Site Closed Monday
- The GW Medical Faculty Associates will be open, including the MFA COVID-19 testing site at Shenkman Hall and the vaccine clinic at Lerner Health and Wellness.
GW Emergency Management will continue to monitor the weather and send updates, as necessary.
For the duration of this weather event we will continue to communicate information via:
- Text and email alerts through GW Alerts
- Messages through the GW Guardian App
- GW’s homepage and Campus Advisories
- GW Information Line (202-994-5050) and the School of Medicine and Health Sciences Information Line (202-994-2196)
- Social media via Twitter and Facebook