On Monday, November 20, 2023, between 2:00 pm and 2:30 pm EST there will be a University wide test of the GW Emergency Notification System. The university tests its emergency communication systems on an annual basis. Several components will be tested, including GW Alerts received via:
- SMS/text message
- GW Guardian App
- Digital Signage on select University-owned TVs
- IP / Desk Phones
- Desktop notifiers on university-owned computers
- Social Media
- GW Website / Campus Advisories
What to expect:
- All enrolled phones and emails should receive the test message in your requested language.
- All GW owned computers and IP desk phone will display and read the test message aloud.
- Digital signage enrolled in the Reach Display system will show the test message.
- GW Social media will reflect the test status and communicate with the greater community.
For additional information on GW’s emergency communication systems, visit the university’s safety website: Stay Informed.
For preparedness tips and safety information, refer to the GW Emergency Response Handbook.
For questions, please contact the Office of Emergency Management at [email protected].